Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Magic Theatre needs a l'il magic

Hey Folks of the ether:


The Magic Theatre,
a 42 year old theater institution in San Francisco is in danger of closing its doors. They need to raise $350,000 in a few weeks to keep going.

It struck me personally yesterday as we were working on TIC on the Magic Stage. The theater my show is going up is where I saw the Magic World Premiere production of The House of Yes back in 1990 (or so?) when I was in high school. It was a production and play that socked me right in my gut (in a good pleasurable exciting way), further solidified my passion and excitement to be part of live theatre, and that there was space on stage for work that spoke to me.

Anyhoo, we're now in tech on that stage with my crazy little play. It's very meaningful and a lot of folks involved in the show have similar stories about that stage. Our local theatre ecology would be hard hit if they were to close.

For more info and to help contribute to their emergency fund,
head on over here. Or take a look around when you come see the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home