Sunday, December 07, 2008

TIC begins!!!

T.I.C. rehearsals officially launched with our first read through last night, though since we workshopped a couple weeks ago, it feels like we've already laid down a lot of groundwork before this weekend. Which is good because it's a quick and dirty speed process infused with Holiday cheer and this play is CRAZY. As in crazy awesome.

My page count is 120 but the play is running about a hundred minutes (Courier 12), but we're gonna chop it down some more.

As mentioned below, this is not the play where less dirty things will happen, though I am actually trying to tone back at least a few character's cussing. Not to be clean, mind you, but to make better language choices.

Aside from my token effort, this play could be a personal record setter for inappropriate moments. As one would expect in a play about privacy and exhibitionism.

I also found out that Michael Shipley reads this.

I've got to keep working on the end so this is short.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But...is it you dropping f-bombs, or is it your characters?

I don't know about you, but my characters take over at some point and I just listen and write.

I wonder if anyone will ever ask me to have a play where someone doesn't die...

2:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, I'm only removing the f-bombs that I've added ;)

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently I don't read it often enough...someone had to tell me I got a shout-out...

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home