Saturday, March 10, 2007

one year of blogging, a reflection

I've now maintained a blog for a year, posting at least once a week. Ish. I am still dubious of my usefulness to the world through this forum. Is it entertaining? Semi-insightful about generally meaningless things? I just posted a second image of a butternut squash. Is that helpful to anyone?

Now that it is a new year, I have decided to develop a mission statement for the blog. Some blogs are all about politics. I'd link to one but I really don't have time to read those blogs so I honestly wouldn't tell you where to go to find a good one. Many blogs I read are mostly about theatre, and I guess this one is a bit, though I have consciously decided not to really evaluate too deeply anything theatrical mostly because there are many others out there more capable than I to be critical. I have intellectual insecurities when it comes to dramatic criticism that run deep to being shamed in English classes at Brown.

Many other blogs are about Hollywood gossip and using MacPaint to write captions over celebrity photos. My pop culture appetite is healthy, but it hovers around the interest level of being an Entertainment Weekly subscriber, as opposed to an Us Weekly subscriber (though I must confess to a strange bewilderment and satisfaction to reading the "Stars! They're Just Like Us!" section of Us. ).

What shall I, peternachtrieb.blogspot.com contribute to the world? What is my mission (aside from self-promotion which really goes without saying)? Seriously, what are the hands I am shaping with these words and how can I use them to finger the people?

Behold, the mission statement:
To provide 5-30 seconds of mild escape from whatever it is a reader should really be doing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dale Seever said...

Mission Accomplished!!

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home