Monday, June 04, 2007

My writing process

Deep in the "hard part" of the rewrite, i am battling procrastination (winning for the most part). Some examples of when I lost over the weekend:

  • I chewed through two packs of Orbit in about two days. I know I said good things about the Bubblemint, and I stand by it, but the Orbit gum as a gum tends to stiffen and become less enjoyable after about 15-20 minutes of chewing.
  • I watched a portion of the MTV Movie Awards. Firstly, is Sarah Silverman actually funny? Or just mean? That was some awful awful television. I'm still mad at MTV for cancelling Taquita and Kauai.
  • I watched Knocked Up. Which I liked a bunch. Very funny. Strangely enough, though, all the previews were for other comedies about twentysomethings getting married, dating and being all young and gen x and y but still conforming. Somewhere between Porky's and Ralph Reed. Actually this NY Times Article gets eloquent about the trend. My play is sort of about babies. Or the importance of sex, specifically.
  • I will be upfront and admit that every time a male kiss (or suggested male intimacy) takes place in a movie preview of a new comedy, and the majority of the audience goes "ew," that makes me hate straight people.
  • Don't worry, straight people! It's just for a little while.
  • I bought the new stamps.
  • I went to Trader Joes.
  • I read an article about procrastination that was not quite as interesting as I hoped it would be.
  • I checked my various balances.
  • I actually did some writing even.
  • I wrote a blog post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home