Friday, April 24, 2009

Man, that was some earth week!

It's friday. A solid week of writing has taken place on my front, though it's been one of those forward and backwards kind of writing weeks. Lots of pages written but nothing that's feeling quite sticky

Speaking of sticky, I'm reading The Tipping Point by Malcom Gladwell. Partially for play research reasons. I need to read his book on Greatnes as well, which my brother is lending to me. Also starting to reread Candide by Voltaire. I think I read it in high school but all I remember is that the cover was purple. So far the play models for my new play are appearing to be Peer Gynt, Candide, The Odyssey, and Saroyan's The Time of Your Life. I think. Subject to change.

I'm also trying to force rules upon myself in the new draft. "No cussing" is one. The most recent rule is "No Magic!" And I'm trying to figure out some framing devices: A chorus is an option. A direct address is an option. I'm waiting for the right one to revealed to me in a joyous moment of dramaturgical revelation.

and I kind of feel like doing this all weekend (thanks, Jon):

1 Comments:

Anonymous Limpet McFee said...

Maybe powerpoint would be a good framing device. Or a senate judiciary interrogation. Or a running John Madden telestrator commentary.

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home