Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday Mix o Things

  • Killing My Lobster's second play, Pure Shock Value, was a blast this weekend. Matt Pelfrey's show was bullet train of funny, cleverity, blood, great writing acting and directing, and even some pure shock. And if you haven't seen it, you missed it here but it'll get done somewhere else.
  • Speaking of Killing My Lobster, and former Lobsters, did anyone notice former Lobster Becky Stark singing on the latest Decemberists album? Wooo!
  • Speaking of awesome plays, Sarah Ruhl's In the Next Room that just preemed (Variety speak, sorry) at Berkeley Rep is going to Broadway. Yay for the right thing happening! I loved loved loved that show. I saw it two months ago and the it still puts a smile on my face. Appropriate for a show involving vibrators.
  • Speaking of other awesome plays, Brink!, the show at the Humana Festival that five amazing writers plus myself wrote opened last weekend on the College Weekend. Word on the street was that it was a frikkin rock show. I can hardly wait to see it. I'll be there in early April for Special Visitors Weekend, the closest thing the Theatre Community gets to Spring Break.
  • I have decided not to have an Oracle character in the new play. I think the fortune cookie mention close to the top is enough.
  • I went to a fundraising brunch for the Playwright's Foundation yesterday which was quite nice ( and reminded me once again how fast asparagus affects your pee.) The highlight was meeting lots of people and then getting to hear a wonderful little talk by Octavio Solis. On being a playwright Octavio said (i may be paraphrasing ) "This is what I do. I don't know why." I kind of think that says it all, and I found that strangely empowering.

Oh shit, I gotta go buy stocks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home