Friday, March 06, 2009

I've been a shitty blogger recently.

I need topics. Topics!! I'm thinking a series of profiles of theatres I've had the fortune of visiting...

Well one thing on my mind recently is the American notion of "Greatness," something that is part of the subject of this new thing I'm working on. There's this semi-interesting article I found on the subject matter which I'm not sure I entirely agree with. I wondered if its basic summation that anyone can be great if they work hard and keep at it, is something that ties into the American mythology of "the dream." It made we wonder 1) What are the common conceptions we have as a culture in how we define someone as being "great"? 2) What does it mean to have that as a life goal? What the hell is that? What is greatness? As a word, even, what is it about. And is it different from Success which was a topic that came up at a dinner last week? And was also a subject of this seminar.

Yeah, so thinking about that. I don't need answers.

Gotta poop and go see show now.

Nachtrieb. Blogger BAKINACTIONBITCHES!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you follow up "BACKINACTIONBITCHES!" with one lousy photo post in ten days, it makes us think that you're not all that serious about meeting our Peter Nachtrieb blogging needs. Just saying.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

touche, anonymous, touche.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home