Monday, July 09, 2007

new age, new song

33. Song undecided.

I just walked to the Brown theater building wearing my UCSF iPod shuffle (that's only funny or relevant to about 4 people) to pick up a nice birthday package sent by Mark from California (which I'm waiting to open, possibly, on my webcam, for the delight of mark, and I'll be naked. just kidding.) Anyhoo, the Missy Elliot song where they say "Music makes you lose control" and has that slot machine sample as part of it came on. And I wondered: is this my theme song for the new year?

The answer is: no its not. Well I don't think so. But I don't know what is. I need yourhelp. I'm thinking it should be

upbeat, maybe a little racey, fun

confident. soulful? non-literal?

not too sad, but not too stupid.

maybe it's on the new tegan and sara album.

I am taking suggestions...

6 Comments:

Blogger jay said...

"waterfalls" immediately comes to mind, as you begin the year in providence. and perhaps it bears some relevance with your newfound stardom, as you try and separate the idolatrous wheat from the sycophantic chaff.

8:44 PM  
Blogger jay said...

actually, i just realized that i got that one confused with "scrubs." but "waterfalls" is still the one. way better.

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is very interesting!
Please, send me the photo of your pc desk and the link of your blog.
I'll publish on my blog!.
Thanks Frank
EMAIL: pcdesktop1@gmail.com

7:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hmm interesting. Maybe I should be sticking to the rivers and the lakes that I'm used to?

7:25 AM  
Blogger jay said...

oh no! i was confusing the lyrical sentiment of scrubs and the melody of waterfalls. perhaps, unfortunately, TLC does not offer a single song which might prefigure your 33rd year.

but to sum up, as a general philosophy (not regarding the songs): chasing waterfalls, yes; hanging out with scrubs, no.

6:50 PM  
Blogger jay said...

new suggestion: "top that" from the film teen witch.

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home