Friday, June 22, 2007

Me in my new temporary home

I have arrived in Providence.



This is me in my dorm room next to my torchiere and twin long. Ah memories. The torchiere lights are actually equipped with fluorescent lights these days, as opposed to the halogen versions that were popular when I was a boy. Apparently at that time, it was also popular to put tapestries over the burning hot bulbs for mood reasons.

Walking briefly around the College Hill area is a nostalgic and surreal. I can't tell if the kids walking around are high schoolers or college students. They look very small and I'm beginning to question my perception of age.

Spike's junkyard dog is still around, which is good because I'm in a hot dog mood. Please do not make inferences from that. I miss my boyfriend.

I'll try to use the blog for the next weeks (in providence and on the cape) as a little travelogue playwritealogue for my own benefit and hopefully for your entertainment. I also have a lot of work to do but this will become my main procrastination device I'm sure.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Awww, I miss you too!! So far i've got drunk, cleaned the bathroom, and watched a charm school marathon...in that order!!!

MWAH!

6:34 PM  
Blogger Enrique said...

I feel like we've swapped places! Weird. Hopefully I'll see you in my brief layover in Providence (July 1&2). Otherwise, the end of July. Rock it out!

Oh. If you want some silly, go to Reflections (the GAY coffeehouse at Governor and Wickenden). Re to the tarded!

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home