Saturday, October 21, 2006

mouse update

After a week of quiet, the mouse appeared again earlier this week, this time making a cameo in the guest bedroom where my brother George is sleeping while he seeks housing in San Francisco (which is turning out to be as hard as it was in the late 90's). After showering, George saw the terrifying yet cute creature run across the door and into my closet. I keep expecting it to dart out of one of my shoes as I pull it out (I've taken to shaking each shoe before I put it one. You know, like you do when camping.) Or perhaps the mouse is burrowing a nest into the box of memories from grade school that sits on the floor in the back of my closet.

6 days have passed since this sighting, and we now have 4 traditional snap traps set up in the apartment, 2 with peanut butter and 2 formerly had bits of string cheese on them. The cheese has hardened like rocks and I threw out one after the trap snapped (rather unimpressively I must say) on the broom during a recent kitchen sweeping. The kitchen trap remains empty of food, as I hope that somehow just the cheese shape of the bait area will lure the mouse into touching it with its nose and ushering its quick death. I'm reading a detailed book about evolution right now, and for some reason I still believe that a mouse will be drawn to a yellow swiss cheese mirage.

More updates on the vermin as they come.

A big shout out to the folks in the row in front of me at Colorado tonight! Nice to meet you, and thanks for coming to the show! And yeah to John Kovacevich for being a great Pizza date for George and me before the performance. I feel like I saw everything I would have seen at the bachelor party tonight.

It's Saturday NIGHT! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

woo

1 Comments:

Blogger Pedro said...

F. mouse. Next time try with tortilla de patatas! Well, maybe not because Mark could eat it...

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home