Wednesday, July 19, 2006

slowly trying to wrench this blog away from self promotional aims

and keep it true to what it should be: a great procrastination device for me and you, all you people who read this. Who are you people? It's way too frikking hot to do anything intelligent right now anyway. I have decided my intelligence will be used at about 7:30 tonight.

So let's see what else has been going in my life besides the 'ol blah blah blah:
  • My most recent iTunes impulse buy is Thom Yorke's solo album, The Eraser. I think I like it. It's got that repetition and melancholy that suits it for meaningful walks around the city with iPod buds in ears while thinking about how bleak yet beautiful everything is.
  • I now have two checking accounts because the bitches at Washington Mutual decided to make a better one and then to NOT automatically give their old customers the benefits, like not charging two bucks everytime you use another ATM. I have decided to use the new one as my "monthly spending" account. As opposed to the other which will now be my "Bills and Loans" account. I think it's going to get confusing. BUT, I have earned 3 CENTS!

  • There was an ad on the TV last night which announced with great intensity that we could now buy the great album from the (insert deep and flanged truck voice) STEVE MILLER BAND! You know, the album that came out when I was 2?

  • I'm reading a book on the history of life on the planet called The Ancestor's Tale by Richard Dawkins. It's research for a new play, plus I loves the biology. Anyway, the book travels back in time, and I just hit the moment that ended the dinosaurs reign on earth, most likely due to a comet hitting the earth near the Yucatan. He points out how even just the sound the impact would have made would possibly have rendered much of the life that survived completely deaf. Good times! It also should be noted that the time the dinosaurs went extinct wasn't even the most severe extinction on the planet, the one that rendered 95% of all species extinct. Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't be listening to Thom Yorke while blogging.
  • I have currently subscribed to Craigslist Job Postings so I get certain ones individually in my email. The "experience requirements" tend to be so overwhelming they send me into a funk. How does one exactly become "experienced with such standardized admissions tests as the SAT I, SAT II, SSAT, GMAT, GRE, ISEE, STAR, Stanford-9, etc."?
  • I have not yet found a convenient time to see An Inconvenient Truth. BWHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHA
  • I am looking for a workspace. And a part time job. Any leads are appreciateds.
  • I usually buy gum when i want to get cash back at Walgreens. And I am going to the Kelly Clarkson concert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home