Sunday, December 27, 2009

Albums/Songs I bought in 2009

Santogold/Santogold *F
The Black Ghosts/The Black Ghosts
Lily Allen/It's Not Me It's You *F
Natalie Walker/Quicksand (Thievery Corp Remix) *S
Various/Dark Was The Night
Kate Vavnevik/Halo *S
AC Newman/Take on Me *S
Chris Cornell/Scream *S *A1
The Decemberists/The Hazards of Love
Berlin/Take My Breath Away *S (yeah yeah)
Animal Collective/Merriweather Post Pavillion
Bat For Lashes/Two Suns *F
The Juan Maclean/The Future Will Come *F
Shinichi Osaway/The One
Phoenix/Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix *F
Glee Cast/Don't Stop Believin *S *F *A2
Soundtrack/Adding Machine: A Musical
Grizzly Bear/Veckatimest *F
Michael Jackson/Thriller
Biblio/Ambivalence Avenue
Michael Jackson/Don't Stop Till You Get Enough *S
Michael Jackson/Workin Day n Night
Goldfrapp/Felt Mountain *F *A3
LCD Soundsystem/45:33 *F
Delorean/Ayrton Senna
JJ/JJ No 2
Owl City/Fireflies *S *A4
Steve Reich/You Are
The xx/xx
Miley Cyrus/Party In The USA *S
Imogen Heap/Ellipse
La Roux/La Roux *F *A5
Memory Tapes/Seek Magic
Neon Indian/Psychic Chasms
Annie/Don't Stop
Susan Boyle/Wild Horses *S *F
Susan Boyle/Cry Me A River *S
David Archuleta/Joy to the World *S *A6
Basement Jaxx/Raindrops *S *F
My First Earthquake/Downstairs *F *A7

*S single
*F Fave

*A1 Didn't realize I would also hear this song every time I'm disembarking a Virgin America Flight
*A2 MTABF has bought many other tracks which I also appreciate but have not bought.
*A3 I had another Goldfrapp album which I loved and then this amazing Wade Robson routine on So You Think You Can Dance got me turned on to this one.
*A4 I really loved this song. And then I started to pay attention to the lyrics and I loved it a bit less.
*A5 very very pleased with this purchase. Thanks, Grant!
*A6 For the record, it was free
*A7 Best discovery of a band at a wedding after party, ever.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Rebecca Bortman said...

Hey Peter, thanks for awarding my band that A7. Sounds like there is a good story behind it. Care to share?

8:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Rebecca!

I was at the show at Cafe Du Nord you had with B and Not B and David and Karen's wedding. I bought lots of your merch too. your fan peter

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home