Friday, August 18, 2006

Friday Ramblings

  • The new couch is awesome. Not scratchy at all. Maybe a little sticky (it's leather). But significantly more comfortable.
  • Saw Orbit last night, the dance/performance show from the Erika Shuch Performance Project at Intersection. It's one of those theater/dance experience where I found myself transfixed and constantly engaged and I couldn't explain why it was doing it. I was feeling it in the chest. So surprising and engaging and moving. Reminded me, as I write a first draft of a new play, to not forget about the visual possibilities. Go see it this weekend (it's the last weekend).
  • First readthrough of Colorado at Impact this weekend. Craziness! I'm excited and nervous.
  • I bought this book of prints by Albertus Seba called Cabinet of Natural Curiousities. A collection of gorgeous color prints of natural life, all drawn in the 1700s I think. It is a supremely gorgeous book.
  • I'm going to New York in October! I think I will see a play or two, but not sure which ones. Any recommendations?
  • May go see The Descent today but I really really don't want to. Mark really wants to. I'm scared already. Maybe I should bring my iPod.
  • Have I mentioned I'm the proud owner of The Best of The Electric Company on DVD? Did that color anyone else's pop culture and creative sensibility as much as it did me?

1 Comments:

Blogger Enrique said...

OMG...The Electric Company. You so crazy!

2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home