Thursday, January 27, 2011

Bob - Outtakes - The Rules

Today I stumbled on the file called "BOB-RULES." These is what I wrote down two years ago as my guide for the play. I've kept the all-caps intact even though they are a little silly.

Rules/Ideas
No cussing
Tapping into heightened Barbara-like reality
Episodic
Greatness
Living to a greater extreme
No doubt as to the truth of the story but definitely
Montages of scenes, a canvas of events happening at once: finding a job,
EVERYONE IN THE PLAY IS ON A LIFELONG MISSION

I want to SUBVERT and play with American hero stories
A retelling of it. It should not support it
Subvert what it means to be “great”

Models?
Candide
Peer Gynt

Circumstances are molding bob
Circumstances out of his control, in a way.


What are the obstacles.

What is the context that the story is being told.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home